Are you looking for rewarding work with your spouse and willing to relocate to New Mexico? We are looking for couples to work as Houseparent’s/Associate Houseparent’s. Moving assistance provided. Couples who: Have no more than two children currently living with them. Are willing and able to model healthy behaviors, morals, and values. Are willing to work with youth from troubled backgrounds. If hired, couples will need to be willing to engage in continual growth and learning about dealing with kids.
The starting salary is $43,000-$48,000/couple + housing and meals, DOE.
Compensation: includes salary, housing, paid utilities and meals, medical coverage, life insurance, and four weeks of vacation per year. Housing arrangements vary but generally consist of 2/3 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, kitchen.
A max of 2 pets w/deposit. Signing bonus upon start.
- Demonstrate and coach residents through basic skills such as: room organization, cleaning, work-ethic, punctuality, recreational activities, manners, cooking, laundry and clothing care, time management, communication skills, relationship building, conflict resolution, financial management, etc.
- Prepare breakfast, with resident assistance, each morning as well as three meals per day on weekends and non-school days maintain an atmosphere of organization in the cottage and demonstrate an aptitude for planning and managing daily activities.
- Assist with resident educational needs.
- Maintain a schedule for routine medications as needed.
- Care for residents with minor illnesses or injuries.
- Attend church activities with the residents and answer questions about faith, as they arise.
- Transport residents to activities/appointments in organization vehicles.
- Supervise residents in a variety of settings and activities.
- Teach and manage cottage projects and vocational training projects.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members.
- Produce quality electronic reports daily. Perform minor repairs/maintenance of housing, vehicles, and equipment.
- Reinforce positive discipline and behavioral expectations.
- Use common-sense, daily life, teaching techniques - to encourage residents in behavioral and relationship improvements.
- Use healthy communication skills which provide effective interactions with peers and campus visitors.
- Provide feedback to the team/family members about the resident's activities and interactions with others
- GED/High School diploma
- Valid driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Able to be cleared on a background check
Apply through our website: https://www.theranches.org/employment/